8.22.2011

Decorating!

It's a work in progress, but here is Sam's [messy] room! The furniture colors are white and grey, and although I hadn't picked a theme for her decor, it is kind of turning into a woody/forrest feel with lots of birds and bunnies. It may sound stupid, but it's actually looking really cute and simple. I also have a color palette of shades of purple, sky blue, and silver. I just can't stand baby/toddler/kid rooms that are SOOOOOOOOOOO cookie cutter and childish. No princesses, pink, flowers, butterflies, whatever else 95% of moms do. So, here's what we've got so far...

The awesome tree branch curtain rod that was found, trimmed, primed & painted by Jason's dad. It's exactly what I was looking for!


Curtains that I made (the inspiration fabric is at the bottom), currently clamped together with binder clips to create a wave. I think I ironed them too much...


Shelves and my picture frame addiction (if you've been to my house you know I'm slightly obsessed with pictures)


Dresser/changing area


Matching nightstand and rocking chair (it's going to have a white cushion)

No comments:

Post a Comment